Taking place on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, Giving Tuesday is a National Day of Giving that encourages giving back. Especially this year, during a global pandemic, there are so many people struggling.
On Giving Tuesday, consumers, businesses, and community centers come together in their generosity towards others.
Here are some ways to give on #GivingTuesday:
Consider Volunteering. Check out Taproot Plus. It connects non-profits and skilled volunteers to build more substantial organizations.
Think Gift Cards. Organizations can never have too many gift cards. Donate gift cards to community centers, non-for-profits, or your favorite cause.
Research Food Pantries. According to FeedingAmerica.org, in 2009, 5.6 million households in America went to a food pantry for emergency food at least once. Food pantries are non-profit organizations, relying on others’ generosity to provide food for those in need.
When most food banks run low on supplies, they appeal to the public for donations. Usually, certain foods are more needed than others:
- • Canned Meat or Fish
- • Soup
- • Canned Fruits and Vegetables
- • Peanut Butter
- • Pasta
- • Milk Products
- • Grain Products & Cereal
- • Baby Food
- • Non-food Items
Donating to food pantries is just one of the many ways of giving back.
Many people want to give back but don’t always know where to begin. How to Give Back on GivingTuesday provides some great tips.
Giving Back is among the most essential and valuable things an entrepreneur can do. Here are some of the ways Gene Wagner Plumbing has given back in the past:
- • Offered our time to cook for breast cancer patients.
- • Worked with missing children.
- • Supported youth sports teams.
- • Helped support medical treatment for firefighters.
- • Acknowledged our American Heroes Campaign.
- • Participated in the MHS School-To-Work Program.
- • Contributed to the restoration of Landsberg Center.
- • Helped raise money for the Prohealth Care Foundation & Oconomowoc Regional Cancer Center.
- • Supported the West Allis Drug Program.
We are grateful to be part of a business that can support our community members. Help us to inspire others by considering global generosity and the impact on humanity. Use #GivingTuesday to serve the needs of individuals and communities!