Whether your kitchen or bathroom is in need of a simple refresh or a more complete overhaul, there are plenty of easy ways to update them without breaking the bank. By using DIY projects and affordable materials, you can give your home’s most important rooms a fresh look without spending a fortune. Keep reading for some helpful tips on how to get started.
- Consider painting the cabinets
- Replace your shower curtain to instantly update your room
- Consider new hardware for your cabinets for a fresh and updated look
- Purchase an inexpensive mirror (if on a budget search Marketplace or Ebay) for a used mirror. Consider your space and don’t be afraid to go big, it can make your room look even bigger.
- Install new flooring (there are many inexpensive options available that are fairly easy to do).
- Buy new shelving to store essentials
- Swap out your theme or decor such as hand soap and toothbrush holders for a fresh new look
- Add pops of color and plants for a light and airy look
- Paint the room, don’t be afraid to use a fun and unexpected color for an instant makeover
- Scrub bathtubs and other areas including your title floors to make them look like new.
- Give your cabinets a makeover with new paint (don’t be afraid to go bold or paint the lower cabinets a different color)
- Paint your room a fun and unexpected color like buttery yellow or soft teal
- Buy a new area rug with a bright and colorful design or even stripes to elongate your room
- Change out the hardware on your cabinets
- Add new to you light fixtures from thrift stores
- Consider opening your shelves by taking the doors off certain cabinets to make it look more open and airy
- Create a coffee or wine bar for an unexpected and fun twist in your room
- Add under cabinet lighting
- Add greenery and potted herbs on your window sills
- Let the light shine in by ditching window treatments and letting your windows go natural
- Art is not just for your living room, consider your taste and purchase a reasonable piece of art for a fun focal point
- Hang open shelving or a pot rack
- Find a gently used sink and replace your hardware for an instant upgrade.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, but hopefully you’ve found some helpful tips to get your project started. Let us know if we can be of any help with installation.
PLUMBING PROBLEMS? Gene Wagner Plumbing in Milwaukee can help! Check out our plumbing services and if you don’t see your plumbing problem listed, call us. Give us an opportunity to earn your business!