If this is an emergency, please do NOT send a message here. Call 414-541-9217 for our emergency service. A live person will be available to assist you immediately.
SUMMER PLUMBING TIPS
The last thing you want to deal with over the summer months are plumbing and water issues. In order to avoid such hassle and headache, follow the summer plumbing tips below.
1. It is very typical for water usage to increase during the summer months, regardless of the size and style of your home. Be sure to check all fixtures and appliances for possible leaks, drips, blockage, and overall condition.
2. If you haven’t already done so, now would be the time to check and make sure your water heater is running properly. It is highly recommended that your water heater does not measure above 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Correct temperature settings will decrease the chances of scalding and reduce energy usage.
3. Before the summer season starts, have your sewer lines checked, particularly if you’ve had a very wet spring. It has been found that tree roots can start to grow in the direction of a cracked or leaking sewer line in order to receive nourishment. This can cause shifting ground and growing tree roots, which can become quite a big problem for your sewer lines.
4. Although it may seem relatively simple, it is very important to eliminate, or at least minimize, sources of standing water around your home. Not only does standing water cause mold hazards and corrosion, but they are also big sources for breeding insects that are likely to carry disease.
5. For those of you who have basements in your homes, you’re likely to have a sump pump installed. If you haven’t already done so,, be sure your sump pump is working properly so you’ll be ready for any big storms and/or flooding that may occur over the summer months.
6. Another simple, yet highly overlooked task is disconnecting your hoses outside when not in use and storing them properly. Be sure to point the end of the hoses downward.
7. If you have kids that are home on summer break, be sure to keep plungers close and accessible if needed.
Thanks For Visiting!
Thank you for visiting Gene A. Wagner Plumbing online! We welcome all new and returning customers. — Scott & Sheri Allan
2017 S. 60th Street Milwaukee, WI 53219
414 541-9217 Like us on Facebook!
All major credit cards accepted. Financing options available.